Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hair color help, please!?

went from blond to dark, dark brown with caramel highlights but the highlights ended up looking almost yellow, yuck! That was last Wednesday. Today I went back to the stylist, asked her to cover my highlights with dark brown, then, put black in certain parts; the tips of my bangs, some of the hair on the side and the hair right above my nape. I've seen brown/black combos that I thought were cool. Unfortunately, although I explained it 3 or 4 times, I now have hair that's BLACK ALL OVER.



My question is this: am I stuck with plain black hair (I really wanted the two-colored hair!) or is there something that can be done to make a different color in certain spots? Not highlights, just the areas I already mentioned like my bangs, the sides, etc.



Thanks for your help! BTW, how many times should I go back to this stylist? Until I'm satisfied? I've already been there twice, I'm almost embarrassed to go back a third time, but I am very unhappy with my hair.



Hair color help, please!?

Ouch, sounds like you have had a hard time.. Do not go back to this stylist, she will not be able to help you. Honestly Color dosn't always turn out the way we want it, but if she couldn't give you something you wanted twice, I don't think a third time will be a charm.



The bad part, you've just had a lot of chemical servicing to your hair. The good, you've done the least harsh of the transistions. Light to Dark.



I'll assume you've let your hair rest for sometime, maybe a week or so.



What your asking is actually pretty simple, depending on the current shade of your hair, a stylist could use something like Pigmented Lighteners. These are dyed Blues, Violets, Golds, and Naturals. What these colors do is help balance current pigment in the hair when lightened.



Most likely your going to end up with something in the reddish, muddy stage. So vibrant color isn't going to come directly from this one process.



Others may recommend a dye remover, but here is why I wouldn't.



I wouldn't want to remove any of the exisiting Mud, that we're going to end up with. I love Demi Perms. I think they are great, they last a long time, almost perm depending on line (I prefer EQ Shades by Redken). These are opaque or see through, so they use exisiting contrast, and color in the hair to reflect the Shade, offering lots of depth. But what it would do for us, is make these areas of your hair blend. It kinda sounds like you want something that meshes well, and nothing that looks like it is out of place, or yellowish



Hope this helps!



Hair color help, please!?

Did she put the color in your hair all over?? I say change stylist. She and you may not be on the same page. Call her and tell you are not happy. Did you pay for both services? She may give you some money back.



Hair color help, please!?

Umm... I'd try a different stylist since yours obviously doesn't know what they're doing. And next time, don't leave the hair stylist unsatisfied.



Hair color help, please!?

Ask around to find someone better, there are alot of great hair stylists and professionals out there who can do amazing jobs to your hair without having to explain to them so many times.



Hair color help, please!?

ok you really need help i think brunnete with carmel highlights it looks goergous on anybody, well eccept 4 guys of course! good luck



Hair color help, please!?

Well that is a problem the only thing I can say is bleach blonde because nothing really goes over black but I wouldn't suggest it because it will dry out your hair terrible!



It might even trun it grey



Next I would go see a better more experinced stylist for my hair because this one seems to not have the experience needed for what you want



But for the real question "am I stuck with plain black hair (I really wanted the two-colored hair!) or is there something that can be done to make a different color in certain spots?" All I can suggest is to grow it out or bleach blond because brown or red will not go back over it



Sorry



Hair color help, please!?

Well, I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. Unfortunately, color does not remove color and your hair is now black. The only way to get some lighter tones in there is to highlight with bleach and then put color back on those highlights. It really depends on how important it is to you at this point. You have already had a few chemical services done and this will dry it out more.



As far as your stylist goes, I would let them know that you are still not happy and maybe they would give you a deep conditioning treatment at no charge for a while. Also, if we don't know that we have unhappy customers we can't try to fix it. So definitely let them know. Good Luck.



Hair color help, please!?

You should go back to that same salon and talk to the owner or manager and explain the situation and tell them that you want your money back and then go to another salon. If you want a lighter color in certain places in your hair take a picture or maybe do a sketch of where you want the lighter color to be. They will have to use color remover on the sections where you want the other color. I know how you feel, I've had my color messed up BIG TIME and many hair cuts that were so bad and not at all what I asked for. Many in a row that sucked. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment