Monday, May 7, 2012

Box hair color vs. salon hair color?

Is box hair color significantly more damaging than salon color? I've had my hair colored both in a salon (for $200) and at home (for $20), and both times I had comparable results. A hairstylist told me recently that even the top of the line box colors are VERY damaging, while salon color is actually somewhat nourishing to the hair. Is this true?



Box hair color vs. salon hair color?

It is not true at all....they both use the same kind of color and they both use peroxide and ammonia. It is just bull to get you to come to them.



Box hair color vs. salon hair color?

It depends, b/c i have friends whose parents work in salons but use box hair color, b/c they've had the experience, it depends on the person and the hair color(type) I do believe---It could be a state of mind though, It will all grow out anyway, and what damage you perform to your hair the top stylist should be able to help! Have fun w/ it!



Box hair color vs. salon hair color?

I have done both and now only do it at home. I have to color every 2-4 because I have grey hair not just some grey, totally white headed (started greying at 15) anyway's lots of years experience with hair coloring and I think the "damage" is the same. Just remember to deep condition!!!!



Box hair color vs. salon hair color?

They lied to you and then took your money. I have had my hair done by a salon and it cost me $40.00 and it looks really good. I have also done the box thing. They both work the same and they both come out of a box you just never see the stylist empty the box to mix it together. I know it is damaging to color your hair before every six months. A lot of the products they used to put in dyes are no longer there which makes them safer to use.



Box hair color vs. salon hair color?

I don't think its any more or less damaging. If you are using hydrogen peroxide to strip the hair color (as in getting highlights) then its going to be damaging no matter what. But if you just go for one all over hair color it's not bad at all- and it can be nourishing depending on ingredients. I've always found that going to the salon to get color is better just because I get the color I want, I get someone else to do it and I get even highlights.



But $200 is too much! You need to find a cheaper salon girl- I get color and highlights for $80 at mine.



Good luck!



Box hair color vs. salon hair color?

Don't know if salon color is good for your hair but I know any color removal is damaging.



Here is my experience.



12 years of growing my hair to waist length and stripping out the color every 3 months. Adding color every month . This is all at home. I didn't get regular trims. My hair finally got to the point that I stripped it and it wouldn't hold color any more. It was crispy and breaking about evry 1/4 inch. I had to cut off about 8 inches to get past the worst damage. It is no longer breaking at all. I use Pantene for damaged hair and am letting it grow out to waist length again. I will then cut off another 8 or so inches and let it grow out again. The Pantene is really helping the hair that is still damaged but I can't color again till it all grows out. Remember!! This much damage is an accumulation of 12 YEARS of very very damaging stuff.If you do not do this much damage every month. You should be fine for years.



Box hair color vs. salon hair color?

Salon hair color is more nourishing because you pay more for the better quality. The box quality looks good, but after the 2nd or 3rd coloring, it will fade and make your hair really dry and brittle.

No comments:

Post a Comment