Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hair color dilemma! HELP! How can I get my blond hair lighter without totally damaging it?

I'm 34 and have natural blond hair which I've never colored. Lately, it's been getting darker and very brassy from our well water. I really don't have the money to get it professionally done right now. I don't want to try a permenant hair dye. I picked up Clairol "Natural Instincts" which non-permenant. I got 02 which is Sahara or light blond. Do you think it'll make my hair lighter? My hair is also rather thick and wavy and it tends to be dry even thought I rarely even heat style it! If I color it, should I be deep conditioning it more? Do you think getting a water softner would get rid of that brassiness? Are there any other drugstore or Sally Beauty Supply products that would do a better job than Clairol that DON'T HAVE BLEACH OR PEROXIDE? THANKS! I miss my beach blond hair!



Hair color dilemma! HELP! How can I get my blond hair lighter without totally damaging it?

well, the sun is a great source for brightening up your hair!



and because its natural, it wont damage your hair (and you'll get a great tan too!)



to speed up the 'brightening' process of your hair, put lemon juice in your hair before tanning, and after your done, go and wash your hair.



I am not quite sure what the lemon juice does, but i promise you, it makes a HUGE difference in brightening your hair.



Hair color dilemma! HELP! How can I get my blond hair lighter without totally damaging it?

Don't bleach it, wait until it gets a bit warmer and put lemon juice in your hair. if you do this and go out in the sun it will go much lighter. Or just use a sun in spray. it will keep your hair in good condition too.



Hair color dilemma! HELP! How can I get my blond hair lighter without totally damaging it?

sally's would def be a better option...get a blonde that you like from there and i think a higher developer...you can ask the sally's ppl they suually know but youd be better off...and yes after you dye your hair you want to m ake sure you condition it very good all the time to keep it moisturized



Hair color dilemma! HELP! How can I get my blond hair lighter without totally damaging it?

Have you ever heard of or tried Sun-In? You can get it at wal-mart. It will make your hair lighter (after being in the sun) without damaging it. Also to get rid of the brassy-ness try a dye that has an ash tone to it, it will help with the brassy-ness. If your hair is dry, try using a salon brand of conditioner. I LOVE Tigi's Oatmeal and Honey shampoo and conditioner, my hair is dry as well but these products work wonders. Good luck.



Hair color dilemma! HELP! How can I get my blond hair lighter without totally damaging it?

You could try special shampoo and conditioners for Blonde hair. If its very dry try using a couple of ontensive conditioning treatments. Dont dye your hair if its already in bad condition. Other than that I agree with the guys above. Sun-in is good and so is Lemon.



Hair color dilemma! HELP! How can I get my blond hair lighter without totally damaging it?

This answer goes for male or female - but I'll say "she" below since you asked and are a woman....



My opinion, don't color it - - I know I am in the minority in the US, most women and probably most men prefer the artificial look, but I think natural hair color looks soooo much better than colored.



That goes for the way too common artificial blond look and the highlights, as well as the died really dark look. I also feel that way about gray hair - I think well kept hair that is going gray looks much better than died hair.



Bottom line, however, a woman looks best when she feels good about herself. So, if you need a little help to make you feel good about yourself, and it affects your attitude and the way you come across to others, then do some lightening, but keep it discrete. A little coloring and a positive attitude and self-image is much better than no coloring but feeling self-conscious.



Hair color dilemma! HELP! How can I get my blond hair lighter without totally damaging it?

Go to your local salon, or somewhere that sells KMS products(I go to trade secret for professional stuff and usually a good deal, you can get that Tigi Oatmeal and Honey shampoo there for like 20$ for the shampoo and conditioner both). Get a purple shampoo, it takes the brassiness out of blonde hair--double check to make sure it is not only for bleached blonde hair, but I used it in the past and it will make your hair platinum! ;) Don't use that John Freida blonde shampoo, it sucks. Use a nice purple shampoo! Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment