Monday, May 7, 2012

Permanent Hair color remover - Hair experts please help!!?

I originally have jet black hair, but I have dyed it twice within 6 months to a dark auburn brown. Since my hair was dark my hairdresser had to permanently dye it. Even though I do like the auburn hair, I want my black hair back. I read about stripping and bleaching and these do it yourself remedies, but I'm scared and I don't want my hair to get damaged. By the way I'm African American, so a problem that I do have is that my hair gets relaxed, and I know that most of these color remover products warn against using if you have relaxed or permed hair. Another problem that I do have is that I can't consult the hairdresser who dyed my hair because she's in Rochester (where I went to school) and I'm back in New York City. But, there has to be something out there that can restore my hair to its shiny blackness. I read reviews on all these different at home products, but they make me weary because I know if I do it, I'll ruin my hair. So if anybody knows of anything, please let me know!



Permanent Hair color remover - Hair experts please help!!?

Ok, here goes..your hair has already been bleached/stripped in order to come up a lighter shade than your natural shade. All you need to do is purchase an over the counter (Target, WalMart) color and follow the directions for a virgin application.(Pick a color close to your natural shade, a little darker if you have to choose lighter or darker, it will fade eventually). This means you will start to apply the color about an inch away from your scalp then go back and apply to the root area. You will most likely need to leave the product on for about 30 minutes. Just follow the directions. You should not have any additional damage to your hair since you are not removing color only adding it. You can also use a semi or demi perminant color , but it will fade and you may need to reapply in about a month. They will make your hair feel healthier if anything and it may seem thicker too!



Permanent Hair color remover - Hair experts please help!!?

If you hair is lighter than it's usual color, you don't need to strip it to return it to black. Black is the most basic and darkest color you can put on your hair. You do not need to remove the other hair color. If you want better than over-the-counter products, try a beauty supply store that sells to customers and professionals. They will have the best products: dye, developer, gloves and a bottle to mix the color and developer. The women at the store will tell you what's best for your hair.



Permanent Hair color remover - Hair experts please help!!?

Since you're darkening, you don't need to strip and remove. Every time you strip or color your hair, you damage it. Stripping and recoloring would damage it more than simply recoloring.



Find a dark black that you like, and use it exactly as directed. It may be helpful to cut a test strand off and experiment with coloring time on that before you do your whole head. The time needed will be unpredictable, since your hair was previously processed.



Contrary to what the name "dye" might imply, permanent dye doesn't add color to your hair, but actually "rewrites" the color. If you use black dye over what you have right now, you should have no problems getting your old hair color back.

No comments:

Post a Comment