Friday, March 30, 2012

Coloring thermaled hair?

I recently had this process done and it's pretty damn straight now and it's quite long. However I also want 90% of it dyed a dark purple but I have heard people say you can't do it and others say you can with a wash in dye or something. My hair is brown right now and I want to know for a fact if I can colour my hair or not without damaging it so it doesn't fall out.



Coloring thermaled hair?

Coloring your hair with a color that is ammonia free should be no problem, as long as your hair is still in good condition. Ammonia free color can not, however, make your hair lighter, so the color will have to be darker or just a different tonality than what you have presently. I have lightened thermally straightened hair before, but this really should be done in a salon because of the high risk of damage to the hair. I would talk to the person who did the straightener, they should know if your hair is capable of being colored. Keep in mind that your hair will be more porous because of the straightener, and color that vibrant will probably need constant upkeep to keep it looking it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment