Thursday, April 26, 2012

Old Asian Hair Color Controversy?

As I've dived deeper into my new interest of the asian culture and anime, I have seen on multiple occasions a scenario where an asian character is born with a different colored hair (particulary orange/blonde) aside from the more common dark, or black coloring. I was wondering if that were really possible. But that doesn't particularly confuse me at all, but what does is the fact that these people are imbarrassed of their unique hair color. That, or they choose to keep it and their parents want them to dye it black, or they're getting beat up at school, ect.



The only thing I can think of is that the culture has an interestng desire for uniformity. 'Everyone must look the same, those who stick out want trouble' type of thing.



Though I know times have changed since then and standing out from the crowd is no longer as taboo for the culture, I am curious to know if there is a deeper, underlying meaning to it, and why these visually unique people are tagetted negatively.



Old Asian Hair Color Controversy?

yo interesting i am an asian born in malaysia and study in singapore the scenarios reli different in different countries



like in japan dying hair is so common and no one cares



while in msia there is a social stigma that when u dye u r like rebellious or gangster (even a singaporean told me this when i dyes it so cliche and ridiculous)



i dyed it as i wanna do whatever i want w/ my body and i wan to look good i am an adult (maybe an attention seeker haha)



ya the most important thing that i was concerned is i lost my natural black hair and dying hurt my scalp a lot



so i oso wonder y many eurasians like it blonde?



Old Asian Hair Color Controversy?

My sister was born with red brownish highlights and we're Asian. She got it from my mom. I got Black hair but I do grow strands of red hair too sometimes. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment