Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hair color/highlight?

ok i just asked a question about what i should do about coloring and highlighting my hair...people said i should just do it myself...my question is..is it safe to color my hair tonight and then highlight it afterwards?



Hair color/highlight?

it is REALLY hard to highlight your own hair and have it look right. I have done several "at home" treatments and trust me....you spend more with a professional to fix your mistakes afterward that you might as well do it right the first time and have someone do it who knows what they are doing. TRUST ME! I have been there and gone from bleach blonde to auburn overnight, because I fried my hair with an "at home" hair coloring kit.



Hair color/highlight?

I'm a stay at home mom. I really want to do hair but I cant afford baby sitting. I really want to learn how to cut and highlight.Help!!!!!!!!!



Hair color/highlight?

Store bought hair color does not contain the peroxide levels that salon formulas do so yes it is perfectly safe. Your hair will not damage but just for meausres of closing your hair cuticle always use extra conditioning as with any hair coloring product. Good luck!



Hair color/highlight?

Have it professionally done!



Hair color/highlight?

You might fry your hair with two chemical treatments. There really is a trick to highlighting. I would leave it to a professional.



Hair color/highlight?

This totally depends on what you hair is like and what you just did to it. This is why people see professionals, they know what they're doing. And as far as home highlighting goes, I've seen more botch jobs then good jobs. When working with bleach you have to be really careful, so many people are walking around with brassy highlights or blotches of blonde instead of an actual streak.



Anyway, I'd have to know what state you hair is in right now, what you're coloring it with first and then what you plan on using for highlighting it after to be able to answer this question for you.



I know it's like $150 at a salon and maybe $20 for you to it at home but if you $20 job looks like crap is it really worth it? Make sure you know what you're doing before you put it on your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment