Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hair Color Help! How to get copper-y red go turn more golden?

I have thicker ethnic hair and it was HARD to get it to lighten at all. I had use to a booster to get the color to show. My hair started off really dark (probably was dark brown, but it looked black).



I used a permanent dye in a lighter auburn hue, hoping it would come out more golden brown wit the booster. But the booster (which I had to use to get the dye to work) worked too well, and then color went up to a copper red! Not real bright, but it's a brassy copper red. The roots didn't get as light and are a darker tone.



The thing is, the color is not really ugly or unflattering, and I know I'm not supposed to mess with it too much when you use permanent dye, but I really needed a more golden hue because I'm doing hair extensions in a week.



So, could someone who knows, please give me advice on what I can do to bring the copper red tone to a more golden hue? It doesn't have to be darker, just more in the golden/brown family.



Thanks for any help!



Hair Color Help! How to get copper-y red go turn more golden?

First of all, you should get your hair colored by a professional, especially if you are getting extensions! Anyway, if your hair is very dark then it is always going to lighten to a reddish hue unless you leave the bleach on longer or use heat- which again I would not recommened doing at home. Try washing it with some baking soda or see a professional. good luck!



Hair Color Help! How to get copper-y red go turn more golden?

honestly. just keep on washing it. you sohuld get avery strong shampoo, the ones that u use when you get out ogf the pool. my sister had black hair in the winter, and once she kep on washing with it got lighter. and dont use special shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair becasue thoise are formulated to keep the color, and you want to fade it. so get a strong shampoo and conditioner to fade quickly



Hair Color Help! How to get copper-y red go turn more golden?

My Wife says to use lemon juice mixed with a good conditioner half and half. Leave on for 5 min at a time.



Hair Color Help! How to get copper-y red go turn more golden?

I would have highlights added to break this color up. You will have to use a gentle lightener. Between the foils a cooler glaze can be added to try to cool done the base color. Have a test strand done prior to "guessing" a formulation. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment